June Round-Up


As the school year comes to a close, it is concert season! The end-of-year orchestra concert is always a tear-jerker. The graduating seniors of the chamber orchestra have the changing of the guard moment with the incoming musicians and give their final bows. It's all very emotional, especially for the chamber musicians. 



Ella Crisp giving her bow at center stage.


Riley did a fabulous job, as always. 


Proud mama "bear" with my sophomore.


I got to go to the temple with my Sweat Sisters, Brook Barker and Jackie Legg. Jessica Robinson had been pretty stressed preparing their house to sell and to move out by Jackie. She hadn't made it to the temple, so we dropped by afterwards to give her our love and support. 


It was graduation time again. As board president, I received each graduating class and gave some remarks. It is always nerve-racking! I never get used to it!


By far, the best part is getting to tap in and give diplomas to as many of "my kids" as I can. I was able to give Grace McAllister hers. She had her mission call to Spain, and was so ready. That girls is going to do great things!


Grace and me


I was also able to give diplomas to some of my trek kiddos! Here is Nate Mallonee receiving his.



After Caleb's commissioning, we took the Hyundai back to Spokane so that Riley would have a car to drive once he got his license. It was in pretty rough (dirty) shape. Over the course of a couple of days, Riley got to vacuuming, detailing, and washing it. He is taking real pride in it.  



All cleaned up and ready to drive! Summer, here we come!

Comments