Riley's First Piano Student


With all his piano experience, I guess I'm not surprised that Riley was asked to teach someone. And yet, I WAS surprised to see this 15-year-old sophomore in high school enthusiastically and comfortably talking with and instructing middle schooler, George McAllister, in the basics of playing jazz piano. He is encouraging and corrects with kindness. And I'm pretty sure his little demos of what to shoot for are impressive for his young pupil. 

George's mom, Dori, reached out at the beginning of January to ask if Riley might be up for the challenge. She was willing to pay him for weekly, half-hour lessons to help George improve his skills as he has started playing piano for Riley's old Evergreen jazz band. Riley was not opposed to the idea of the idea of teaching, and has an easy confidence and way about him. 

My boy is growing up, and may just have a future in a piano lesson side-hustle, haha. 

Comments