Forty-Something is Something Great!

If you had asked me when I was in my twenties how I would feel about being forty-two, I probably would have said it would be the pits. But, now that I'm firmly into my forties, I have to say that I don't mind. In fact, this was one of the best yet because I was surrounded by family and fun friends. 

The celebration actually started earlier in the week when Louise took me to a new place on Sprague, Valentino Nails & Spa. It was sooooo fancy inside with chandeliers and pretty artwork. She treated us to mani-pedi treatments! We felt like royalty with them working on our hands and feet simultaneously. I don't usually get my fingernails painted, but decided to try a gel French manicure, and it turned out so pretty! Louise really spoiled me!

With my actual birthday being a Friday "school day", it was still a birthday for the books, kicking off with breakfast courtesy of Riley the chef. He made us scrambled eggs and toast. He's such a thoughtful guy!



You can see in the background that Jake decorated, too. It's always fun to wake up to your chair decorated and all the balloons and streamers up!

Once I dropped Riley off at school, the first birthday stop was to the stake center for a pickleball date with some of my girls! Over the crazy lockdown experience, once we could no longer take tennis lessons, a bunch of us learned how to play pickleball and took to the local school courts, Stephanie Fuhriman's indoor court, and then found out that the local stake centers had recently painted pickleball court lines. This was our first time playing at the East Stake Center. There were a bunch of retired ladies already playing when I arrived, but they were quick to introduce themselves. They found out that it was also my birthday and invited me to join their group! So, I got to play with them until Megan Mortensen, Kerri Goodell, and Stephanie Fuhriman arrived. We had a blast playing doubles. Those girls are such a gas to laugh with. Kerri brought me a little gift (a face mask and wooden spoon) and Steph did, too (some lip gloss and hand cream with some Hot Tamales!). They are the best!

After pickleball, I hurried home in time to get picked up by my girl from the old Greenacres ward, Mandy Richardson. She took me to grab some take away lunch from Costa Vida, and then we went back to her place to eat and meet up with Breanna Crapo, Brook Barker and Jessica Robinson. More of my favorite ladies! Brook gave me some salad tongs, something I've always needed! Mandy gave me some cute chalkboard labels and gum. I wasn't expecting anything. I really just was so thrilled to visit with everyone. I felt very blessed.  

Throughout the day, I got phone calls, texts and Facebook messages from friends and family from all over. I really felt so loved. Then, for dinner, Jake got the yummiest sushi from a restaurant downtown called Sushi.com. It was AMAZING! 

That was followed up with a marionberry cheese pie from Shari's! Yuuuuuummm! As usual, Jake was very good to me. He got me my own iPad and the books in a series I've been rereading, "The Great and Terrible". I was really so so spoiled. What a great day! Playing with friends, hanging with family, eating good food. Doesn't get much better than that. Forty-something is something great!


Comments

Stephanie said…
You deserved every minute you were spoiled for your birthday!