A Different Kind of "Time Out for Women"
Last year when I found out that Spokane would be hosting a session of "Time Out for Women", I thought it might be nice to include my mom and sister to see if they would want to make it a Logsdon Ladies weekend. My sister wasn't up for the travel having had a baby not long before, but my mom was really excited at the idea. She planned to take the time off of school to sneak away for a weekend.
Then COVID.
Time Out for Women was canceled, however my mom really wanted to still have a weekend together. So, she flew up and we took time to hang out.
The first thing was did after she flew and got settled was to go to European Wax Center so that she could get her eyebrows done for the first time. It's something she's been talking about wanting to do for ages, but was not brave enough to do on her own.
I made appointments for both of us so that they would allow us to go back together. I knew that she would want me there with her. The gal who helped us was very sweet. When asked how she was doing, Mom said it stung, but otherwise there weren't any issues. She and I don't really have a ton of eyebrow hair to deal with, so the effects are subtle, but I think she felt good about it.
Here is the before pic.
Here is after with some brow definition added in.
Once we finished, it was getting late so we just headed to the house to relax. She played a bit with Riley, and we had our usual Fun Friday pizza night. We got Pizza Hut and watched "Hocus Pocus".
Saturday was really rainy, so my plans for outdoor activities were out. No hiking or tennis. We did get to go get some pedicures, though. Mom had not had a very good experience in the past getting one, and was afraid that they would hurt her, but the gal who worked on her did great. Mom was pleased and picked out some interesting gel color. It looked blue from one angle and purple from another.
Then we went and grabbed some lunch from Costa Vida. Yummy fresh baja bowls!
Mom was really eager to "drive around and see stuff", so that is just what we did. I took her up to Green Bluff, and we found a farm that wasn't overly crowded, but had a cute shop to browse and some animals to visit with. We got a crack up talking to a couple of donkeys. They were so sweet and would follow me around the pen. They would paw the ground and come right up to us like they thought we might feed them. Even when we didn't, they would just stay right there as we talked to them. Finally, one let out a huge "HEEHAW!!!" just like something out of a cartoon.
After the farm, I made an executive decision and took us over to the Spokane Valley Mall. I could tell that Mom's wardrobe could use a refresh and with things still so locked down in California, I figured we needed to take advantage of actual clothes shopping. There was a store I had in mind to try, Maurice's, and it was great! We found some jeans and several tops for her, and the dressing rooms were even open! She was actually able to try on clothes and figure out what she liked. She liked the store so well that she opened an account with them, and they gave her some complimentary tumblers which happened to look exactly like the nail polish color she had picked out earlier! We thought that was pretty funny.
Afterwards, we drove around a little more. I took her around the Saltese Flats, and up and over the mountain into Liberty Lake just to sightsee. Finally, we headed home for dinner and some rest from our travels. Here is the pic we took later of her toes which matched the tumblers.
She really needed the break from online teaching madness and all the other stresses she's been dealing with. I was glad that she had a good time, and even tried a few new things!

Comments