Forty-Something

I guess one could say that when you have a birthday in your forties that you are officially under the hill? LOL There's still time to have one foot in the grave, but you are definitely starting to feel that you are on your way. The wrinkles are happening, the white hairs have sprouted, there are mysterious aches and pains kicking in, and you can just tell when you wake up in the morning (or when you've been kneeling or sitting on the floor for any length of time), that you just aren't as spry and you once were. Now, I work out 5-6 times a week and can still run for miles, but it's in the recovery afterwards that you really see the difference. Between all of nature's reminders and the fact that my kids are getting too old too fast, I recognize that I am no longer twenty...and it's an eye opening realization. 

I am grateful not to be a teenager, or even to be in my twenties still clueless without knowing I was clueless. I just long for the wrinkle free skin and the metabolism mostly.

Well, regardless of all that, I got to go to a tennis lesson with friends to get my old bones moving and then Jake and I went out to lunch at a new place (to us) called Clover. It was in a renovated, craftsman home. It was absolutely adorable, and the food was delish! 

I had some French onion soup along with a half crab melt sandwich and a salad with pomegranates, candied walnuts, beets and salmon on top! A-mazing!   



Both Jacob and Xander (and Cameo) got me flowers, so I was loving all the color and fragrance at our table!



Jake decorated for the occasion. Everything looked festive. I enjoyed loads of Facebook messages, texts and phone calls of loved ones far and wide wishing me a happy birthday. Then, for dinner, we went to grab some sushi from Fred Meyer. It is the best and easiest way to get yummy sushi to go! 


Caleb honored me by making a homemade cheesecake from scratch! He is becoming quite the baker!



So, even with the wrinkles, I sure feel lucky to be alive and to have this family around me. I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Comments