The Next String Player


Because he would kill me if he saw me taking his picture, I had to get what I could to prove that something exciting is happening in our house. Jacob decided to use his Christmas gift cards and money to help fund a new hobby, teaching himself to play the guitar!

He found a really cool music store up on Division called Guitar Center, not far from the stand-alone ER he often takes shifts at. He did a bunch of research and discovered that Yamaha offered a really nice guitar that is considered good for beginners. He got himself a new guitar, along with some picks, a stand and a carrying case, and then has been on YouTube looking for tutorials and practicing how to strum, find chords and begin playing some simple rock songs. We often hear him in his room trying out what he is learning, and it's so fun! I even recognized one of the songs he was learning!

He said that he didn't want to be the only one not able to play something for our annual Jerdon Christmas Eve nativity reading, so he is learning the guitar and will have all year to figure out how to play something. So exciting! I can hardly wait! He is joining Riley and Brendan as our third string instrument player.

Comments

Louise said…
Go for it Jacob! We'll expect a tune or two when we see you. Never too old to learn something new. Proud of you!