Random Acts: Fred Meyer Edition


Last year for the Church's Light the World campaign, we hit Walmart with some random acts of kindness. It was such a blast that I decided it was worth a repeat. So on the first day of the month for the World Wide Day of Service, we went to Fred Meyer armed with some miniature candy canes, some spare change, coupons and Merry Christmas notes.

The first thing we did was candy cane bomb the cars in the parking lot. We all took some candy canes and some Merry Christmas notes and pinned them under the windshield wipers.



Next, we taped quarters to the games and candy machines, along with some more Merry Christmas notes. Riley agreed that he wouldn't mind being a lucky kid to find one of those!


Then, we took coupons and went around the store taping them next to their corresponding products for more lucky shoppers. 



I went through the check out for a few more items. I started by asking the cashier for help choosing a gum or mints. "There are so many to choose from, it's hard to pick! What's YOUR favorite?" He picked out his favorite as a suggestion and I bought it...then left it for him with a "Merry Christmas" and hurrying off. I LOVE that one! I did it last year, too. Never gets old.

The last things we did were to put some dollars in the Salvation Army guy's bucket, and then tape a loaded Fred Meyer gift card (another thing I was getting at the check out) to a cart for someone to find. Then we were off. Service is fun! Merry Christmas, shoppers!


Comments

Louise said…
You are the most clever person I know. How fun!