Family Baptism Time
I was finally able to organize a time when Jake wasn't working, Caleb wasn't in the middle of sports and Brendan was free, so that all four of us could go do a family baptism session at the temple! I was even able to get one of my ministering sisters to let Riley hang out at her house while we went. Woohoo!
The time we were able to reserve was for 4pm on a Friday! It was definitely one of those times that I was grateful that Jacob's job often gives him days off in the middle of the week when "normal" people would still be at work. After talking to the temple, I discovered that their family times are anywhere from 6:30am to 4pm to 8pm. Kind of tricky. This worked out perfectly for us, though. Everyone was able to get home from school, the older boys who get home earlier had time to change, and then Riley got home, grabbed a quick snack and we were off.
I had been able to gather and prepare about 18 more names to take. For family sessions, endowed adults have to provide their own names if they want to do ordinances, and that worked just fine for me. I had about 9 female names to do. Then we worked out that Brendan could do the 9 or 10 male names, with Caleb baptizing and Jacob recording and then confirming. It was (again) perfect. We had the session all to ourselves and it was so special to watch Caleb as a priest now able to baptize Brendan. He had forgotten his glasses, so he had to squint a bit to see some of the names, but he did a great job. After doing something like 100 names during the youth temple trip the week before, he was pretty much a pro. But, even so, seeing my boys exercise their priesthood never gets old for me. I love it. I love it see the love of the Savior emanate from them. It was also special to see them serving side by side as brothers. These are the type of moments that I hope they will remember and treasure for the future. I hope that they will remember what it felt like to be in our Heavenly Father's house together, serving our people and feeling the sweet Spirit that always accompanies this great work. I know I will.
The time we were able to reserve was for 4pm on a Friday! It was definitely one of those times that I was grateful that Jacob's job often gives him days off in the middle of the week when "normal" people would still be at work. After talking to the temple, I discovered that their family times are anywhere from 6:30am to 4pm to 8pm. Kind of tricky. This worked out perfectly for us, though. Everyone was able to get home from school, the older boys who get home earlier had time to change, and then Riley got home, grabbed a quick snack and we were off.
I had been able to gather and prepare about 18 more names to take. For family sessions, endowed adults have to provide their own names if they want to do ordinances, and that worked just fine for me. I had about 9 female names to do. Then we worked out that Brendan could do the 9 or 10 male names, with Caleb baptizing and Jacob recording and then confirming. It was (again) perfect. We had the session all to ourselves and it was so special to watch Caleb as a priest now able to baptize Brendan. He had forgotten his glasses, so he had to squint a bit to see some of the names, but he did a great job. After doing something like 100 names during the youth temple trip the week before, he was pretty much a pro. But, even so, seeing my boys exercise their priesthood never gets old for me. I love it. I love it see the love of the Savior emanate from them. It was also special to see them serving side by side as brothers. These are the type of moments that I hope they will remember and treasure for the future. I hope that they will remember what it felt like to be in our Heavenly Father's house together, serving our people and feeling the sweet Spirit that always accompanies this great work. I know I will.

Comments