Beehives in the HOOOOOUSE!

Well, my calling as a CTR 6 teacher with Jacob was short lived. After only two months absolutely LOVING those littles and working with Jacob, I was called to be the Second Counselor in the Young Women's presidency, working with the Beehives. I have to say that I was so sad to be out of Primary again. That was my one and only time as a Primary teacher in all my years in Primary! But, I was also excited to work with the energetic and enthusiastic Beehives. After being Young Women's President and with the Laurels, I was eager to see what it was like working with the younger bunch. I had always heard that they were sweet and bubbly, and, boy, are they! I just love their infectious outlooks on life. They are so thrilled to be out of Primary and in the Young Women! And our bunch of about 8 are also good buddies and get along really well. I am loving them!

Our very first class activity was the first Wednesday after I was sustained, so we just played some "get to know you" type games so that I could learn all their names and they could get to know me, too. We started by passing around a roll of toilet paper and having them rip off "however much they will need", after which we went around the circle and had to share however many things about ourselves as we had ripped off squares of TP. It was fun. Some girls had A LOT of telling to do!

I had also had the girls bring with them a paper bag with an item in it that described them, so we took a few minutes to try to guess which item belonged to whom and they explained it. I brought along my Snow White apron and explained about my high school nickname and how I also like to cook and bake. 

Finally, I taught them how to play "Do Your Love Your Neighbor?" and it was a big hit. I heard later from Brendan that the girls taught the rest of their friends how to play while at a get together! Fun! I'm making a difference already! LOL 

So, our second activity was at my house and my advisor, Marianne Thompson, taught all the girls how to decorate cookies. As a side business, she decorates custom sugar cookies, so she knew all the tricks of how to flood the cookies with a special frosting. She put in a ton of work to prep for the activity with 6-7 cookies for each girl and individually bagged frosting for them all. She is amazing, and the girls LOVED it! 



Marianne is instructing Olivia McLean, Annie Peterson, Emma Barker and, her own daughter, Ava Thompson. 

 
May Stevens and Olivia Kneese get decorating.


It also happened to be the last class activity for one of the girls, who was turning 14 and moving up to Mia Maids the following week. The class presidency knew that she loved mac 'n cheese, so we came up with the idea to make an individual Kraft cup into a faux cupcake for her. She was pretty thrilled.



We have a great group of girls! From left to right, Angel Bailey, Maggie Matthes, Olivia Kneese, Olivia McLean, Sammy Maughn, Ava Thompson, May Stevens, Emma Barker and Annie Peterson. I think I'm going to love being back with the girls!



Comments