Halloween Party #7 in the Books
I was thinking about it, and this is the third ward and the seventh time that I have ended up being the one to coordinate or help run the ward Halloween slash Harvest Party celebration. I just can't seem to break away from whatever auxiliary is put in charge, whether it is the Primary or the youth (ahem, Young Women). So, true to form, I had to come early and stay late, plan, purchase and stress. But, thankfully, the other auxiliary presidents came through and we pulled together another successful night of carnival games and fun for the kiddies, as well as a chili contest worthy of all the crazies that absolutely CANNOT have a ward Halloween party without one.
WARNING - MUST RANT:
I HATE chili cookoffs. I don't know why they are such a thing with Mormon Halloween parties. I was in charge of the Halloween party in our Castle Ridge ward and had it without chili one year and got all kinds of backlash from the High Priests. Ugh. Kids don't eat chili! Many adults don't eat chili. Why can we not go without and do something else for a change??) OK, rant over.
The Young Men put together another fantastic (in Riley's words A-MAZE-ING) spooky maze for all the Primary kids to crawl and wander through. It was a huge hit for the second year running.
Also, Jake had the night off (SHOCK!) and even dressed up. He came as Jake the Snake, his alter ego tough boy.
Caleb came as Clark Kent and I was a blue fairy. Brendan chose not to dress up and worked inside the maze most of the night, so I wasn't able to catch a picture of him.
Riley wore his Kylo Ren costume and loved doing the cake walk and other activities run by the Cub scouts. If he had a great time, then it was an awesome shindig. :)




Comments