"Someday" Has Finally Arrived!
"I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday..."
Last night was our first youth temple trip of the year, and Brendan's first time doing baptisms for the dead. He was jumping out of his skin with excitement to go. He got ready early and kept walking around the house with a huge grin on his face, saying, "I can't wait!"
With recommends in hand, Caleb, Brendan and I were able to enter the Lord's House with our ward's youth and enter the baptistry. It was beautiful, clean and white, with paintings of the Savior on the walls. It was such a choice experience for us to all be dressed in white and to serve together on behalf of people how have passed on to the other side of the veil without having the opportunity to receive the ordinance of baptism for themselves.
Brendan was one of the first called down to be baptized. With a big smile, he stepped into the water and was able to be baptized on behalf of almost a dozen individual brethren. Then after he was dried off and changed, he was able to be confirmed and allow those individuals to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. First the baptism by water, then the baptism by fire, just as the Savior taught.
I felt the Spirit so strongly as I watched my boys do that service. I am so grateful that they are worthy to enter the House of the Lord and do His work. My two Aaronic Priesthood holders! I couldn't be more pleased with them, the choices they are making, and to see them developing their testimonies.
Then later that night, as we read scriptures as a family, we came across a verse in 3 John 1:4, which I must have highlighted years ago, but which popped right off the page. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." Indeed.


Comments