Coeur d'Alene, Christmas & Candy
Once shortly after the boys started school, Jacob and I went out on a lunch date in downtown Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It has an adorable main street with little locally owned shops including a little indoor shopping strip and a couple of Candyland-esque sweet shops, one of which includes a soda fountain! We just knew that we'd have to show the boys these places.
I had also been doing some investigating online and discovered that there is a little Christmas shop along the main drag, as well, so Christmas time was the perfect time for a little jaunt back that direction!
We checked out the Christmas shop first and everyone picked out a new ornament for their little collections. Something that represents their interests right now. Brendan found a gorgeous violin ornament, while Caleb discovered an Air Force fighter plane one. Riley loved a sparkly snowflake one and Jacob and I chose a carved wood one which we felt represented our new home in Washington.
Then we headed over to Mrs. Honeypeep's Sweet Shop to pick out a variety of treats. The shop was all decked out for Christmas, too, with a big frosted looking Christmas tree, complete with ornaments that looked like candy. It was gorgeous. I probably should have taken a picture, but we were too enthralled with the many glass jars of candy. One has to have priorities.
Afterwards, we enjoyed exploring the lit up shops, as well as the view from the catwalk between the indoor shops and the casino hotel just off the lake. Beautiful!
I guess we've discovered that Coeur d'Alene is a good time in the summer or in the winter! Lucky thing it's so close. We need to go more often!




Comments