It's Sweet to Be Six
Someone waited very patiently to have his birthday. He was pretty disappointed to come to the realization that his is the last one in the family during the year, but he made it to six and was just beside himself with excitement.
He wanted Scooby-Doo stuff, a Kylo Ren lightsaber and his own fishing pole. He said that it was the best birthday ever!
We decided to go with a Fruit Ninja theme since he loves playing the game and loves watermelon and other summer fruits like strawberries. I made him the best watermelon cake I could and planned some water games in the backyard. We invited our neighborhood friends, the Barkers and the Halverstadts to come play. The Barkers were able to come in time for the sprinkler and water balloon fun. The boys played a game of waterballoon baseball and it was a big hit. Pun intended! Ha!
Then they got to take turns breaking the homemade watermelon pinata I made. It wasn't actually too hard, just a little time consuming. I thought it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! However, it was a little sturdier than I thought it would be, so Brother Barker had to take a few swings to finally bust it open. Because I got video footage of the baseball game and the pinata, I don't have any stills, but you can probably imagine.
It was a perfect summer evening, complete with cake and ice cream at the end. Happy birthday to our favorite six year old!

Comments