Riley's Reading Debut
Riley was assigned to give the talk in Primary, and the theme for the month was "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". He was pretty excited to have such an important job to do. I love his enthusiasm!
So, I helped write up his little talk and then we practiced having him read through it. He has come SUCH a long way in his reading, it really is amazing!
Then, when the big day arrived, I wondered if he'd clam up and need to have me dictate to him, but he got up there and started reading. I only had to help him a couple of times on some words. He did an incredible job!
So, here was Riley's first Primary talk read on his own at age five!
"Jesus Christ is the son of Heavenly Father. He was born so that He could live a perfect life. He showee us how to be. Then he suffered and died for us so that we could repent when we make mistakes.
After He died, He was in the tomb for 3 days and then was resurrected. That means He was alive again!
I can know Jesus is real and alive when I feel the Holy Ghost. I feel the Holy Ghost whenever I take the sacrament and think about Jesus. When I read the scriptures and learn about Jesus, I have that warm, happy feeling, too. I know that my Redeemer lives! He loves me! He wants me to repent! I love Him, too! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Comments