No More Tween, Only Teen


This handsome guy has finally crossed over into teenager-hood. Our first teenager!!! He was pretty excited to turn 13, and was even more excited that Nana and Papa Logsdon would be able to be with us to celebrate.


He started off his day with a birthday donut from Tim Horton's. He is a big donut fan.

For his birthday experience, he had really wanted to go bowling, so we took the fam to the bowling alley. Caleb felt that his fingers were too fat for the bowling balls they had, but he made due as best he could. He, Nana and Brendan played in a lane next to Jacob, Riley and me. It was a good time. 



Papa arrived from Kentucky (he was doing something for work down there) just in time to go to dinner. Caleb is a huge seafood fan, but I don't know how to cook it, so he had to settle for some salmon at Applebee's. He seemed pretty pleased. Thanks, Nana and Papa!



Then it was time for presents and cake. It was good to see that even though he's growing up, he's not too old for some fun gifts.



I have to admit that I did wimp out in the cake department. I usually design and make the boys' cakes myself, but after the busy summer we were having, I just couldn't be bothered. Luckily, Caleb didn't hold it against me and seemed perfectly happy to pick out a Costco cake - chocolate with chocolate mousse. It could be worse, right?



He's a pretty laid back kind-a guy, and I think he enjoyed his special day. He's grown to 5 feet 4 inches on our birthday chart, so it won't be long until he is as tall as I am. Hard to believe he will be starting his last year of middle school. Happy birthday, Caleb!

Comments

Louise said…
Great birthday Caleb! WHat a special day for you!