WE'll BE LOyal Scouts! WEBELOS!
Last night was Caleb's pack's Blue and Gold banquet, celebrating the birthday of the Cub Scouts. The cultural hall was decorated in the appropriate colors, and with a camping theme. It was super cute! There was a tent and camp chairs with a fire pit out for display. The Cub Scout committee had also been super busy making some adorable campfire cakes as centerpieces for all the tables!
The theme was on being resourceful and at each table were mini-marshmallows and toothpicks for the boys to be "resourceful" with and make something. Even Riley got in on the fun, although I know he ate WAY more marshmallows than he built with.
Brendan at work on his creation.
Sister Gillespie, Caleb's old Bear den leader, and her son, Ben, making their creations.
Sister Seegmiller and her son, Bryant. Bryant had the same idea as Riley for those marshmallows.
We had a camp dinner of hot dogs and fruit. The boys absolutely gorged themselves. Piggies, the lot of them. I guess, being boys, I should expect no less.
Caleb with fellow Webelos scout, Devin Foster.
Yep. Riley killed it, skewered it, and ate it.
Brendan's best buds, Josh Nicolaides and Carter Cox. In just another week, Brendan will be eight and joining their Wolf den.
Jacob was willing to grin for the camera. I'll take it!
Getting his achievements from Sister Garmire, his Webelos den leader
Caleb pinning on the Webelos pin onto my Cub Scout mom lanyard.
I was one proud mom.
Receiving the Journey to Excellence patch.
After all the awards, the boys were given their Pinewood Derby car kits for the next Pack meeting. It's Derby time! And since Brendan will be in Cub Scouts by then, he got a kit, too. Very exciting! We will soon have two Cub Scouts in the Jerdon home.

Comments