A Primary Surprise
My first Sunday back to our ward after returning from our trip, the bishopric made an announcement at the end of Sacrament. Both the senior and junior Primaries were to meet together in the Primary room for a special presentation. Huh. I didn't know about any special presentation. I figured that the bishopric must have had something they wanted to tell or give the children. I leaned over to make sure Caleb heard the announcement so that he would go to the Primary room before going to class and his response was, "Yeah, I know all about it. Brendan knows, too." Huh. OK. Is there something that I was not aware of? Maybe they talked about it during the Sunday we were away.
So, off to Primary we went and the presidency and I did our usual set up before letting all the children in. I guided all the senior Primary to empty seats and filled in the room to bursting, then waited to see if a member of the bishopric was going to show up. Nobody. I turned to one of my counselors and asked if the bishopric was going to come in. They just shrugged their shoulders. OK. I thought that maybe I ought to go fetch someone and see what's going on. Then I tried asking our chorister, Tonya, if she knew what was going on. She said that they just needed to practice a song all together. Alrighty. I couldn't think of a reason why, but whatever. The Indians were starting to get restless. Then, my first counselor Lisa Casey got up to begin conducting and asked for me to come up to the front. Hwhat?! Were they going to sing the practice song to me? What was going on here?
Then, my secretaries, Amy Kazek and Becky Call, brought out the largest card I had ever seen, one side of which was a candy letter (the kind where words are substituted by candy bars and things) and the other side was signed by all of the Primary children. It was a surprise Christmas present for me from everyone! I was totally surprised and covered my face to hold in the tears that sprang to my eyes. I was so touched. They also presented me with pictures of the junior and senior Primaries. The reason why all the children were called to the Primary was so they could all see my reaction. I hope I did their surprise justice. It was wonderful! I have the best presidency and Primary ever!
So, off to Primary we went and the presidency and I did our usual set up before letting all the children in. I guided all the senior Primary to empty seats and filled in the room to bursting, then waited to see if a member of the bishopric was going to show up. Nobody. I turned to one of my counselors and asked if the bishopric was going to come in. They just shrugged their shoulders. OK. I thought that maybe I ought to go fetch someone and see what's going on. Then I tried asking our chorister, Tonya, if she knew what was going on. She said that they just needed to practice a song all together. Alrighty. I couldn't think of a reason why, but whatever. The Indians were starting to get restless. Then, my first counselor Lisa Casey got up to begin conducting and asked for me to come up to the front. Hwhat?! Were they going to sing the practice song to me? What was going on here?
Then, my secretaries, Amy Kazek and Becky Call, brought out the largest card I had ever seen, one side of which was a candy letter (the kind where words are substituted by candy bars and things) and the other side was signed by all of the Primary children. It was a surprise Christmas present for me from everyone! I was totally surprised and covered my face to hold in the tears that sprang to my eyes. I was so touched. They also presented me with pictures of the junior and senior Primaries. The reason why all the children were called to the Primary was so they could all see my reaction. I hope I did their surprise justice. It was wonderful! I have the best presidency and Primary ever!

Comments