Boy At Work


Having just Riley at home with me during the day, I've realized that it's like having my first child all over again. No siblings to play with and help entertain. So, Mom is the entertainment. We are still working on being able to play solo while Mom gets things done, but it has also been fun to play together, just us.

Riley is definitely a bright and busy guy, though, so I am scrambling for activities to stimulate his little mind. I'm dusting off our old wooden peg puzzles and digging out the busy bags that a bunch of us got together to make last year. (Thank goodness for forethought! When I made the busy bags, Riley was still a baby.)

  
Today I introduced a couple of fine motor skill activities, putting beads in a bottle and fuzzies in a tupperware. I loved seeing the looks of concentration on his face. The bottle was especially fun because not only could he put the beads in, but then he could shake it to make a fun noise. I love watching him learn and get excited about new things. It's just one more reason why I am so very grateful that I am able to be home with my babies while they are young, and be a part of their lives each day.






Comments