Off With Their Hair and Off to Camp

I think we've all agreed that it doesn't feel truly like summertime until the boys get their summer haircuts. I have finally gotten to a place to where I'm OK with shaving it all off, although I tried to fight it with Riley's sweet hair - until I saw how hot and sweaty he'd get. Poor guy. So, off it all went.


Brendan finally got his own "Commander Cody" haircut. He'd been begging for it since my little haircutting mishap on Caleb a couple summers ago. Luckily, they thought it was so cool that it became the "in demand" haircut. he he


And they all enjoyed their last days of swim lessons without all that drag.


Then today we took Caleb and Brendan down to meet my parents and be whisked away to the first ever "Camp Pa-Na" (pronounced "Pah-Nuh"). It's short for Papa and Nana Camp. My parents and sister have been feverishly working on an entire week of fun activities for the boys to enjoy down in California with them. Everything from swimming to bike riding to boating!

The boys have been very excited. I was, too, until it was finally time to pack them up, and then I realized that, as much as they make me want to rip my hair out at times, I will miss those little rascals. The house will be too quiet. And Riley will sorely miss his compatriots. What will I do with only one child? I should have planned my time to myself, but I just don't know where to begin. Any ideas?

In the meantime, I did write the boys each a little letter to read during their week away. It's always fun to get mail, and I am hoping that they will write me back. That would be a fun keepsake. So, now begins their week away. I wonder what it will hold for them...and for me.

Comments

*Lauren* said…
They all look good!! Riley is getting SO big! :)
Shalene said…
Your kids are getting so big! They all have beautiful eyes!