Two Full Timers
With Brendan starting the first grade and Caleb in fourth, it's our first time with TWO full time student boys! They were a whole lot less thrilled than Jake and I were, and disappointed that the summer break was at an end, but I like to think that even they were excited for something new and to see their school pals again.
Caleb rode his bike and Brendan his scooter. We met up with our friends down the street, the Leavitts, to "caravan" over to the school.
This year, Brendan has Ms. Griffin and a student teacher Ms. Gray. Unfortunately, his closest pals from last year aren't in his class this year. However, one of his friends from Primary, Carter, is, so they stuck together.
Caleb has Ms. Engelke ("Angle-key"), who told us at the open house that she lets the children choose their own seats! Wow, I didn't get that kind of freedom until junior high!
Caleb was also super excited to have his good friend, Dane, in his class again this year. Dane had been away all summer long and Caleb was pining away for friends. It was a happy, but extremely cool reunion. One can't break coolness protocol and act TOO excited, right? he he
This was also the year of no tears for the very first time! Caleb was usually my waterworks man and this year with his buddy in his class and Brendan at school full day with him, he was cool as a cucumber. I'm sure that this helped my own tear ducts a great deal, too. I was able to keep my own cool and just give them each a hug of encouragement, take a few snaps and go on a walk.
I have to admit that the house was mighty quiet with just Riley and me, but I am excited to return to a routine again. My two big boys!

Comments