Frogger

If you can look past my whitenss, lack of make-up and bed hair, you'll see an absolutely glowing momma with an adorable little froggy...I mean, baby. We just finished swim lessons this last week, and Riley and I were able to take a Mom 'n Me class.

He was the youngest in the class by about a year, and at first I worried that he wasn't going to get much out of it. Just bob in the water. But, within the first couple of days, he started getting the hang of things. One activity they had us do was to toss a little ducky across the pool and have the children kick their way over to it. I was surprised and delighted to see that Riley's infant instincts kicked in and he had the most adorable little froggy kick and paddle. He loved it! I'd toss the ball, he'd get a huge grin on his face, and I'd chime "go get 'im, go get 'im, go get 'im" while he'd froggy his way over to grab the duck. SO FUN!


We also played "Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall" by having the children jump (or in our case LEAN forward) into the pool on "fall". Riley started getting into that one, too, and would smile and fall forward into my arms. What a cutie pie!

He even got used to the dunking (all the way under). Initially, he cried and hated it. I can't say that he ever LOVED doing it, but he stopped crying and would just blink and sputter a bit and then be fine. I considered it a success. Floating on his back was also NOT his favorite, but he did better and better.


I'm so glad that I finally had the experience of it. I was sorry to have missed it with Caleb and Brendan. Third times a charm, I guess. I'm trying to cherish every moment.

Comments

Lauren said…
Very cute! We still haven't done swimming lessons for Josh because nothing works for our schedule. We really need to because the kid has no fear of water at all and sinks like a rock.
*Lauren* said…
I haven't got to that point yet. It would totally be fun! Perhaps #3 for us too. He does have such a cute frog kick! Yet another thing I totally remember about you and Laura---doing swim lessons together. We were oh so young. It's great you're starting Riley off early. He won't have that fear like a lot of kids do