Favorite Alfredo


This is probably not the most "healthful" recipe on the planet. But for those that love a good carb-filled, creamy cheese fest for the mouth - this is a family favorite that we picked up during our stint in Wymount (BYU family housing) back in the day.

I also love it because it's a crockpot recipe, which means that I can literally toss in the chicken straight from the freezer (on those days when I have zero forethought as to what I'm going to make that day), plus it doesn't heat up the house. Add the fact that it is a crowd pleaser and it's a triple threat. Enjoy!

Crockpot Chicken Alfredo

Makes about 4-6 servings

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)
4 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 package of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup (plus 1/2 can of water)
8oz cream cheese, softened
your choice of pasta (we love fettuccini)

In about a four-quart crockpot, add the chicken, butter or margarine and Italian dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove cooked chicken to cutting board to cool a few minutes. In the meantime, add soup, 1/2 can of water and softened cream cheese to the melted, seasoned butter. Use a whisk to combine and smooth out. Chop chicken and add to mixture. Cover and cook on high for 1 more hour. Serve over cooked pasta. Yum!

Comments

*Lauren* said…
I would SO do this....this is actually my favorite food. Except I'd be the ONLY one eating it. Scott doesn't like cream or cheese sauce. Bradlie is allergic to the stuff too. Double bummer... Sigh. Someday I'll come visit you and I'll let you make it for me :)