
There is incredible joy that comes from taking the time (even if it's only a small amount of time) doing the things that we love. Of course, life is busy and time is a hot commodity, but after witnessing two of my "boys" finding their bliss, I realized that I needed to find my own happy place a little more often. Too often, I get caught up with what needs doing, what I think I
should be doing, and preempting what ought to be done that I don't always take time to rejuvenate myself with those personal moments of "me time" - whether it's singing like a mad woman full volume, fooling around with my photos or whatever. Life is short and will pass us by too quickly.

After some prodding from me, which was quite a shocker since I know how much he always loves it, I got Brendan to sit down with some finger paints. He ADORES painting, but for some reason kept saying no thanks whenever I asked if he wanted to do it. I finally muscled him into it, and he did not one, but THREE paintings and loved experimenting with objects that could scratch the paint. He was in his element.

Then Jacob finally took a trip to Lowe's for some chain and carabiners, so that he could hang up the hammock that has sat rolled up in storage since returning from his mission. We finally have just the right set up, with a very sturdy log porch covering that he could hang it from and this lovely fall weather (of 75 degrees).

He unfurled the hammock and realized for the first time that it actually says "Guatemala" across the sides. He'd never gotten a really good look at it all rolled up for this long. He was so content.


I hope we can take just a little time to put aside our worries and find our own perverbial happy places. I have to say that I appreciate it when Jacob puts his foot down and
makes me do something just for me. Sometimes I need that push. Consider yourself pushed.
Comments
I need to find my happy place more often too.