Roses In December
Well, I'm finally coming out...out with my new blog, that is. I've shown my brother and his new bride their wedding pics and so I feel like I can now share them with everyone else. I've been surprisingly nervous about it. Taking the step away from amateur and towards professional seems like a bit of an assumption on my part, but then I got to thinking. I've spent the last almost seven years working at this. That's a pretty good length of time. That was when I first took my photography and wedding photography courses back in Utah, after quitting teaching to stay home with Caleb. Then I got to use my new found skills on Brendan when he was born. The cost of photos professionally done in England was more than I could bring myself to pay, and it ended up saving me loads of money. So, now, I'm attempting to put myself out there and take pictures in the hopes of capturing other people's memories.
I'm still not an official business (I'm still working on the technical stuff - busines license and such), but I'm going to start looking for subjects willing to let me photograph them to diversify my portfolio (if you're interested or know someone who might be, let me know).
As for the name, I wanted something that really sung, as well as had a connotation of the beauty of memories. After all, that's what I am REALLY passionate about. Memory keeping. That was when I came across a beautiful quote by Sir James M. Barrie (the same gentleman who wrote "Peter Pan"). While speaking at a commencement, he was quoted as saying, "God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December." Right when I saw it, I knew I'd found the name for my little business. It was perfect.
So, let me know what you think of the blog and the snippet of pics from my very first wedding. My hope is to not only do weddings, but photos for engagements, graduates, families, whatever. Welcome to http://rosesindecemberphoto.blogspot.com.
I'm still not an official business (I'm still working on the technical stuff - busines license and such), but I'm going to start looking for subjects willing to let me photograph them to diversify my portfolio (if you're interested or know someone who might be, let me know).
As for the name, I wanted something that really sung, as well as had a connotation of the beauty of memories. After all, that's what I am REALLY passionate about. Memory keeping. That was when I came across a beautiful quote by Sir James M. Barrie (the same gentleman who wrote "Peter Pan"). While speaking at a commencement, he was quoted as saying, "God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December." Right when I saw it, I knew I'd found the name for my little business. It was perfect.
So, let me know what you think of the blog and the snippet of pics from my very first wedding. My hope is to not only do weddings, but photos for engagements, graduates, families, whatever. Welcome to http://rosesindecemberphoto.blogspot.com.

Comments
Chase and I want to get a nice camera one day and maybe take a few classes. I think that would be such a fun job and probably a great one to have for a mom. If we lived closer I'd have you take pics of my kids for me. Good luck, I'm sure you will be awesome.