
Valentine's Day is one great excuse to make heart-shaped food. I don't know what it is about hearts, but they just make you wanna smile. So, I thought it would be fun to have a Valentine's candle-lit breakfast to show all my boys how much I love 'em. (Jake loved the food, hated the picture taking, what can I say.)

We spent the rest of the morning watching Caleb during his last day of YMCA basketball camp. It was really fun to watch all the little first graders learning the rules and having a scrimage. I have to admit that I was a teensy bit more vocal than I had thought I'd be (in a good way, though). I think I was embarrassing Jake, but Caleb didn't seem to mind (after all, this is his first experience with organized sports). But, he did a great job.


Later on, it was just Caleb, Bren and I for dinner since Jake had to work (fall-out for having yesterday off). So, he wasn't around to see the heart-shaped pizzas we made. Who needs Papa Johns!

And there's no better way to a boy's heart than through his stomach. Maybe if it's heart-shaped food, I'll get an extra point or two. Happy Valentine's Day!
Comments