Perfect Pizza
This is my favorite pizza dough recipe thus far, and we use it pretty much every week for our pizza nights. It's quick and easy. It makes two medium-sized pizzas or four good-sized personal pizzas. You can get creative with the toppings, but the boys always prefer the typical pepperoni classic.
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup hot tap water
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 T. Canola oil
1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two flat baking sheets with parchment paper (or you could use non-stick cooking spray, but I like the easy clean-up). Dissolve yeast in hot water with sugar (I just put it all in the glass measuring cup). While that activates, combine flour, oil and salt in a large bowl. Once yeast begins to bubble, add to bowl and stir with spoon to combine. Dust flour in as needed to bring the dough together. Knead until smooth, about a minute or two. Then cover with a cloth and let rest for five minutes. (During this time, I usually shred the mozzarella and pull out the toppings and sauce. I've used "pizza sauce", but I most often just use regular old spaghetti sauce that I already have open in the fridge.) Divide dough into two parts, and with floured hands spread into flat rounds on parchment paper, working the dough out as thin as you like. Spread spaghetti or pizza sauce, leaving a lip around the edge, sprinkle with cheese, add toppings and pop into the oven to bake about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and toppings are bubbly and slightly browned. Cut and let cool about five minutes before serving. Yum!
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup hot tap water
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 T. Canola oil
1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two flat baking sheets with parchment paper (or you could use non-stick cooking spray, but I like the easy clean-up). Dissolve yeast in hot water with sugar (I just put it all in the glass measuring cup). While that activates, combine flour, oil and salt in a large bowl. Once yeast begins to bubble, add to bowl and stir with spoon to combine. Dust flour in as needed to bring the dough together. Knead until smooth, about a minute or two. Then cover with a cloth and let rest for five minutes. (During this time, I usually shred the mozzarella and pull out the toppings and sauce. I've used "pizza sauce", but I most often just use regular old spaghetti sauce that I already have open in the fridge.) Divide dough into two parts, and with floured hands spread into flat rounds on parchment paper, working the dough out as thin as you like. Spread spaghetti or pizza sauce, leaving a lip around the edge, sprinkle with cheese, add toppings and pop into the oven to bake about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and toppings are bubbly and slightly browned. Cut and let cool about five minutes before serving. Yum!

Comments