Out with the Old, In with the...Older?

This new year has brought on some of my own personal brooding about how old we're all getting, dang it! I really came to that realization when Brendan had his first day of Primary this Sunday. He was sooooo excited to go, and somehow the knowledge that I have two Primary children and no Nursery child any longer, became monumental. Not only are my kids refusing to stay small and sweet, insisting on growing out of everything they own and becoming more independently minded by the second...I'm getting old.
Now, I realize that I'm not 90 or anything yet, but when you can actually watch the fine lines forming around your eyes that you KNOW weren't there even just a few months before and you find the occasional silver hair trying to peak it's way out of your hairdo, that tends to be quite alarming. I'm actually witnessing my own aging here and trying to come to grips with the fact that those Sarah Jessica Parker television ads for anti-aging creams are talking to me! And as much as I keep trying to forget how old I am (and soon will be), it seems that both Caleb and Brendan have taken a real notice lately by asking me point blank to recount to them exactly how old that might be and when the celebration of my onset-of-decrepidness will occur next. Thanks, boys.... Brendan did look cute though and loved his first Primary experience. At least HE was happy about it.

Comments

Laurie said…
Stepanie, I swear you read my mind... right down to the silver hairs and wrinkles... I even know exactly what commercial you're talking about! If it's any conslation though, a really wise women recently told me, "I think you still look great" and I would like to reciprocate the compliment. ;)
Kristy said…
I love this post old lady! I was just thinking about that stuff today. When did I turn into an old lady with lunch lady arms and wrinkles? Savannah missed her first day of primary because of illness! I am so bummed. At least you can say you still look like you did in high school. Actually better because there is obvious wisdom in those "wrinkles". I am sure no one sees them but you! Love You
Ceri said…
Brendan is so cute! What a great picture!:) And I think you just keep getting prettier and prettier, so maybe getting a little older is a good thing:)