Teeny Weeny Halloweeny
Halloween is one of our favorite family holidays right behind Christmas. Just because it's a holiday that is just plain fun! Dressing up, parties with friends, spooky treats, fun frights and late nights. What's not to love!
Since having children, I think that the experience has just gotten more fun for me as a parent. I feel like I'm reliving the kind of wonderment and fun that only a child can enjoy, seeing it reflected in Caleb and now Brendan's eyes.
Last Halloween was Brendan's first year old enough to trick or treat, and after that experience he has really caught onto the whole idea and run with it. And since one of Brendan's favorite things in the world is to dress-up (even with our meager dress-ups drawer), it is his perfect holiday.
So, in that spirit, I've been looking for ideas of activities, crafts and treats that the boys and I could do together in this week leading up to Halloween and found a plethora of things online. I stumbled across one website in particular that's designed for the littler crowd and has the whole package of printouts, online games (of varying levels of difficulty), a couple recipes and even pumpkin carving stencils. And that is just for Halloween. It also has things for other holidays, parenting & teaching ideas, and everyday activities. As Martha would say, "It's a good thing."
www.kaboose.com
Another website that I LOVE is by Disney and, likewise, is chalked full of holiday and everyday activities. You can seriously go crazy looking up ideas on this one.
familyfun.go.com
I'm really excited to try out the things that I've found. Hopefully, it will make this Halloween even more fun and memorable for the boys. I know that it will for me.
Since having children, I think that the experience has just gotten more fun for me as a parent. I feel like I'm reliving the kind of wonderment and fun that only a child can enjoy, seeing it reflected in Caleb and now Brendan's eyes.
Last Halloween was Brendan's first year old enough to trick or treat, and after that experience he has really caught onto the whole idea and run with it. And since one of Brendan's favorite things in the world is to dress-up (even with our meager dress-ups drawer), it is his perfect holiday.
So, in that spirit, I've been looking for ideas of activities, crafts and treats that the boys and I could do together in this week leading up to Halloween and found a plethora of things online. I stumbled across one website in particular that's designed for the littler crowd and has the whole package of printouts, online games (of varying levels of difficulty), a couple recipes and even pumpkin carving stencils. And that is just for Halloween. It also has things for other holidays, parenting & teaching ideas, and everyday activities. As Martha would say, "It's a good thing."
www.kaboose.com
Another website that I LOVE is by Disney and, likewise, is chalked full of holiday and everyday activities. You can seriously go crazy looking up ideas on this one.
familyfun.go.com
I'm really excited to try out the things that I've found. Hopefully, it will make this Halloween even more fun and memorable for the boys. I know that it will for me.

Comments